If you would like to be considered for in-house staff recruitment opportunities, please send a CV with a covering letter to email@example.com. Specific opportunities will be advertised below so please check the website regularly for updates.
We are always interested to hear from candidates who have experience of working with marine industries in delivering consents, environmental impact assessment and operational monitoring and management services. If you feel that your experience is relevant to MarineSpace’s operations please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offshore Survey Consultants / Associates:
We are interested in hearing from consultants/associates who wish to be considered for offshore environmental survey work. All candidates must posses relevant offshore safety / survival and medical certificates. Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com to be considered for future opportunities.
Senior Marine Consultant – March 2019
MarineSpace is a dynamic, marine planning and environmental consultancy which provides specialist advice and services to numerous clients across a wide range of sectors. As part of the company’s continued expansion we are currently seeking to employ a Senior Marine Consultant to join our respected and experienced team.
MarineSpace provides services to the marine aggregate, offshore wind, OFTO, wave & tidal, oil and gas, subsea cables, coastal/marine engineering and ports/harbours sectors. The successful candidate will be required to provide input to a range of projects but demonstration of experience in the offshore wind, subsea cables and/or oil and gas sectors will be considered of particular benefit.
MarineSpace is a rapidly developing company with ambitious plans for growth and we are seeking a dynamic and hard-working individual to complement and enhance our team. The location of the position will ideally be in our Norwich office although you will be required to travel to meetings at our Head Office in Southampton and also attend client meetings as required.
- Authoring and QA of technical reports (EIA, HRA, scoping reports, monitoring reports);
- Experience of design, acquisition management, data processing and reporting of physical and / or biological seabed surveys;
- Experience of statistical analysis of seabed sediment and faunal survey datasets;
- General project management;
- Stakeholder and client engagement; and
- Business development.
- MSc in a relevant technical subject;
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience in marine consultancy or a technical marine field;
- Demonstrable project delivery experience relevant to MarineSpace’s core activities, with specific project experience in offshore wind, subsea cables and / or oil and gas sectors;
- Proven track record of preparing proposals and successfully bidding for projects;
- An understanding of UK marine policy, legislation, consenting and environmental issues;
- Excellent written and oral communication, organisational and time management skills; and
- Ability to work independently and part of a team as / when required.
- Practical knowledge of specific marine industry sectors, as described above;
- Demonstrable knowledge of key regulatory and stakeholder organisations involved in consenting and permitting for marine developments in the UK;
- Wider knowledge of marine development activities in Northwest Europe; and
- Good practical understanding and experience of statistical analysis of faunal data.
Terms of employment will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
To apply please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st March 2019 quoting ‘Application for Senior Marine Consultant’ in the subject line.