If you would like to be considered for in-house staff recruitment opportunities, please send a CV with a covering letter to email@example.com. Specific opportunities will be advertised below so please check the website regularly for updates.
We are always interested to hear from candidates who have experience of working with marine industries in delivering consents, environmental impact assessment and operational monitoring and management services. If you feel that your experience is relevant to MarineSpace’s operations please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offshore Survey Consultants / Associates:
We are interested in hearing from consultants/associates who wish to be considered for offshore environmental survey work. All candidates must posses relevant offshore safety / survival and medical certificates. Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com to be considered for future opportunities.
MarineSpace is a marine planning and environmental consultancy which provides specialist advice and services to clients across a range of sectors. As part of a continued programme of expansion the company is currently seeking to employ a Marine Consultant, specialising in marine physical processes and characterisation of the physical properties of the seabed, to join our experienced team.
MarineSpace provides services to the marine aggregate, offshore wind, OFTO, wave & tidal, oil and gas, subsea cables, coastal/marine engineering and ports/harbours sectors. The successful candidate will be required to provide input to a range of projects but with a specific focus on the marine aggregate, offshore wind and subsea cables sectors. Therefore, demonstration of specific experience of project-work in these sectors would be of significant benefit for prospective candidates during the selection process.
MarineSpace is a rapidly developing company and is seeking a dynamic and hard-working physical processes scientist to complement and enhance our growing team. The location of the position will be in MarineSpace’s Southampton office although the successful candidate will be required to travel to meetings at the company’s offices in Norwich and Pembrokeshire and also attend client meetings as required.
- Assisting in preparation of reports to a high standard, including data interpretation reports, desk studies, scoping reports and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA);
- Providing support to senior and principal specialists in writing proposals;
- Contributing to survey design and planning with senior and principal specialists;
- Processing, integration and interpretation of geophysical data; and
- Working with mapping scientists/GIS consultants to produce seabed characterisations based on acoustic and ground truthing data.
- BSc or MSc in a relevant technical subject e.g. marine geophysics, marine geology, marine geography;
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience in marine consultancy or a technical geophysical survey field;
- Good knowledge and understanding of UK and European seabed geology, sedimentary environments and processes, and marine habitat classification systems;
- Knowledge and understanding of seabed and sub-seabed survey design and the types of equipment and data acquired through geophysical surveys of the seabed in coastal or offshore environments, including remote sensing and ground truthing survey techniques, and the limitations associated with these data;
- Extensive experience in the use of standard MS Office software;
- Experience of hydrographic and geophysical data (multibeam/swath bathymetry, sidescan sonar, sub-bottom profile) review and interpretation using different software packages;
- Proven record of writing technical scientific reports for different audiences; and
- An enthusiastic attitude and willingness to learn, as part of a team and under own supervision.
- Experience of project management, including knowledge/experience of completing tasks to agreed budgets and timeframes;
- Experience of data management and quality assurance and control;
- Knowledge of a broad range of marine and coastal physical processes (e.g. hydrography, sediment transport, geomorphological processes) and their implications for development in the marine environment;
- Experience of GIS packages (preferably ESRI™ ArcGIS or QGIS) to manipulate, interrogate and interpret spatial datasets, including integrating and analysing different types of data from multiple sources;
- Experience of public speaking; and
- Specialist knowledge of a specific marine sector and associated potential impacts on the marine environment,
Terms of employment will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
To apply for this post please email a CV and covering letter in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 6th November 2020 quoting ‘Application for Marine Consultant’ in the subject line. Any queries related to the post can also be sent to the same email address prior to the application deadline.