MarineSpace provides an integrated geosciences service offering within the core marine planning and environmental consultancy aspects of the business. MarineSpace provides specialist advice and services to clients across a range of sectors and, as part of a continued programme of expansion, the company is currently seeking to employ a Geotechnical Consultant to join our experienced team.
MarineSpace provides services to the marine aggregate, offshore wind, OFTO, wave and tidal, oil and gas, subsea cables, coastal/marine engineering, and ports/harbours sectors. The successful candidate will be required to provide input to a range of projects but with a specific focus on the offshore wind and subsea cables sector.
MarineSpace is a rapidly developing company and is seeking a dynamic and hard-working individual to complement and enhance our geoscience team. The location of the position will, ideally, be in MarineSpace’s Aberdeen office, although the successful candidate will be required to travel to meetings at the company’s other offices from time to time, and also attend client meetings as required. Some flexibility in the base location of candidates would be possible for the right candidate.
- Assisting in preparation of reports to a high standard, including desk studies, FEED studies, Cable Burial Risk Assessments, and Burial Assessment Studies;
- Performing and supporting cable and pipeline geotechnical engineering calculations;
- Providing support to senior and principal specialists in writing CTRs and proposals.
- BSc or MSc in a relevant technical subject, preferably civil/geotechnical engineering;
- Good knowledge and understanding of offshore site investigation techniques, data acquisition and data interpretation;
- Knowledge and understanding of soil/cable, and soil/structure interaction, with a good grounding in soil and rock mechanics;
- Knowledge of offshore cable and pipeline installation and protection works;
- Extensive experience in the use of standard MS Office software;
- An enthusiastic attitude and willingness to learn, as part of a team and under own supervision.
- Experience of GIS packages (preferably ESRI™ ArcGIS or QGIS) to manipulate, interrogate and interpret spatial datasets, including integrating and analysing different types of data from multiple sources;
- Numerically minded with knowledge of (or interest in learning) coding, 2D or 3D FEA or DEA;
- Interest in seismic data interpretation and willingness to learn from our in-house specialists.
Terms of employment will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
To apply for this post please email a CV and covering letter in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 15th October 2021 quoting ‘Application for Geotechnical Consultant’ in the subject line.