The Habitats Directive places specific obligations on developers, which MarineSpace can assist in discharging.
MarineSpace staff have considerable working experience of the requirements of the EU Habitats Directive as applied to marine environments, including the Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) process for marine and coastal developments. MarineSpace can provide a HRA, from both plan and project perspectives, that will offer clear guidance on the likely issues that will influence permitting, consenting and operation of marine development sites. Typical HRA services to clients include:
- Review of data available to inform the HRA
- Development of the Habitats Regulations Assessment report
- Production of Reports to Inform Appropriate Assessments
- Application of science and robust evidence to the assessment
- Management and presentation of data in GIS format
- Recommendations for appropriate mitigation measures required to meet Habitats Directive requirements