Environmental Assessment (EIA, SEA, REA)
MarineSpace’s staff are highly experienced in developing, managing and delivering multi-disciplinary assessment of the potential impacts of offshore development, as well as in the preparation of consent documentation and formal Environmental Statements. The team is also well versed in regional-scale assessment – both at Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Regional Environmental Assessment (REA) level.
MarineSpace has delivered in excess of 30 environmental impact assessments for the marine aggregate, offshore wind and tidal energy industries. Members of MarineSpace staff project managed two of the four UK marine aggregate REAs, and sat on the Steering Group for all four REAs. MarineSpace has recently been contracted to provide specialist heritage input to the Irish Offshore SEA 5.
MarineSpace is able to provide:
- Consent management
- Multi-disciplinary assessment, including physical processes, benthic ecology, nature conservation and heritage issues
- Habitats Regulations Assessments (HRA) and Appropriate Assessment (AA)
- Site characterisation and feasibility assessment
- Cumulative and in-combination assessment
- Strategic-level investigations, including benthic ecological, ornithological and fish issues